Thursday 1 November 2018

Battle(A poem)

It's been a really stressful and exhausting and emotional week and I don't really have the energy or am I in the right mindset to think of anything at the moment to post. So I didn't want the blog to go unloved so I wrote this and I think it sums up how I am feeling at the moment. 


I say goodnight and turn off the lights
Hoping the demons don’t come out to play
I close my eyes to sleep but the voices in my head scream no
It’s like I’m running from the evil
But it’s dark and I fall down 
I’m screaming so loud 
But it’s just a silent whisper 

It’s a battle I keep trying to win
But my sword won’t protect me 
My shield slips and it’s a stab in my back
While the pain rushes out my chest 
And the screams turn deadly silent 

That nightmare I’m living 
Where I’m stuck and alone
While everyone around me keeps running further away 

It’s a chaotic mess that needs cleaning 
But you can’t find the end or beginning 
So that pile keeps on building 
And the ache just keeps on hurting

It’s like a story with no happy ending 
Just a messed up little fairytale 
But the princess doesn’t meet her prince
And the tears don’t stop falling 

No comments:

Post a Comment